Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dog Walker Lady

I told myself I would never take all three of the dogs on a walk again, but somehow, I found myself clipping the leash onto all three of their collars. Okay, it isn't that bad. Sure, I get tangled millions of times and wrapped around trees, and people drive by very slowly, looking at me as if I am crazy! But, really it is a lot of fun, and they all absolutely love it.
I figured after walking the three dogs I would make a tasty dish.
Tonight...

Asian Scallops with Green Onion Couscous
Serves 2
Ingredients:
4 fresh scallops from Whole Foods
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
4 Tbs. Brown Sugar
4 Tbs. Mirin Sauce
Package of Couscous
Handful of Fresh Green Onion, minced

Directions:
First, prepare the couscous as directed on its package. Keep the couscous on low heat until ready to serve. Add in the green onions when ready to eat.
Next, in a medium sautee pan, add a splash of Canola Oil and bring to medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add in the soy sauce, brown sugar and mirin sauce. Let the ingredients cook for a few minutes into a nice sauce. Then, add the scallops into the pan and sear on each side for about 4 minutes or until the scallop is a nice, flaky texture.


I loved the asian flavor on the scallops. The sauce made a nice crispy texture on the top and bottom of the scallops. Served with a side of couscous with green onions was the perfect pair. Scallops are by far my favorite dish from the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment