Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Time to Switch to Yogurt

I know I said I would be sharing a recipe with the Honey and Peach Ice Cream last night, but my internet was not working!
In my previous post, I talked about how I bought the fresh orchard peaches and blueberries as well the ice cream from a Orchard & Ice Cream shop. So I decided with those ingredients, I would make an ice cream dessert.
There is nothing better than fresh orchard peaches:

Okay, well maybe fresh orchard blueberries:

But, I would say they are about equal!
What dish did we get out these ingredients?

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Peaches with Honey & Peach Ice Cream
Serves 1
Ingredients:
Handful of Blueberries
1 Fresh Peach, sliced
Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. Butter
Dash of Cinnamon
1 small scoop Honey Ice Cream
2 small scoop Peach Ice Cream

Directions:
In a small frying pan, bring it to a medium-high heat. Add the butter and let melt. Next, add in the peaches and let cook for a few minutes. Then, add in the brown sugar. Let cook for about 5 minutes. Finally, add in the cinnamon and let cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Spoon the honey and peach ice cream into a bowl. Place the peaches on top of the ice cream and drizzle some of the brown sugar, cinnamon mixture. Top with the fresh blueberries and garnish with a little more cinnamon.

This was the best ice cream dessert I have had thus far. The incredible fresh peaches and blueberries with the brown sugar and cinnamon was such a great combination. The fresh peach ice cream was incredible because it was made with the fresh orchard peaches. The scoop of honey ice cream finished off the flavor combination perfectly.

What else can I make with the orchard peaches and blueberries? Check back tomorrow!

P.S. After this dish, I need to lay off ice cream for awhile, seeing as I have been ice cream happy! Time to switch to low-fat yogurt. I just can't help myself! I love eating ice cream in the summer time. It is my favorite thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment