Friday, April 16, 2010

Oatmeal...Best Breakfast Ever



My newest addiction...oatmeal. I love it. It keeps me full and satisfied all morning and can taste great if you dress it up the right way. So this morning, my oatmeal consisted of this. And I must say, it was super tasty.

Oatmeal with Banana and Pecans

Ingredients:

1/3 cup of old fashioned oats
2 tbs. of flax seeds
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup of water
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 tsp. of honey
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 banana sliced
2 tbs. of pecans

I found a great way to prepare oatmeal overnight at a the blog site, katheats.com. She lets the oatmeal absorb the liquids overnight and I must say I am loving it!

Directions:

Add the oatmeal, flax seeds, milk, water, honey, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Stick in the refrigerator and let it sit over night, covered. In the morning stir the mixture and add the sliced banana and top with pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment