Thursday, April 8, 2010

'Tis the Time of Year for...Awesome Lettuce!


Okay, so I had been on a pita kick the past two days and as I had mentioned before, I was going to make a pita with baba ghanoush (did you know there are several different ways to spell this delicacy? How interesting!)
So I did make my pita with baba ghanoush which was super yummy. I loaded it with Earthbound Farm Organic Fresh Herb Salad...okay...this lettuce mix is SO good. I mean dynamite, bursting with flavor. The Fresh Herb Salad is Mixed Baby Greens with parsley, dill and cilantro! So many great tastes hitting your taste buds when you take a bite, and it is organic. You can make a great salad out of the Fresh Herb Salad, but I made an awesome pita sandwich. So here is what my sandwich consisted of...

Baba Ghanoush Pita

Ingredients:
1 whole wheat pita
1 cup of Earthbound Farm Organic Fresh Herb Salad (I went crazy with greens!)
1/2 vine tomato sliced
1/3 red onion sliced
1 laughing cow wedge
2 tablespoons of Baba Ghanoush
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions:
Cut the pita in half. Spread laughing cow cheese on the pita. Spread the baba ghanoush. Add the lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion and sprinkle on that salt pepper. Super fresh and satisfying.

PS...Can't wait to make a salad tonight with the Fresh Herb Salad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment