Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bring Out Those Grills!

I love Memorial Weekend. Even though I am sure plenty of people have already used their grills, Memorial Day Weekend is the official "bring out the grill and slap some meat on it" weekend.

This is also the time of the year when everything is starting to come into full bloom, which I absolutely love. Look at these roses! Literally, last week they were just budding and now they are just breathtaking. Did you see that full moon last night?! So eerie, yet so incredible.

So as I was saying, grilling has officially started. So to follow suit, tonight we had a wonderful grilled flank steak. The best meat comes from Whole Foods. This is the honest truth. We also popped some corn on the grill too. Shuck the corn so you leave just a few pieces of the outer layer and it really grills it perfect.

Accompanied with some fresh fruit salad that included pineapple, grapes, strawberries and blueberries. It is so close to the perfect time of the year for fresh fruit and I can totally tell because NONE of the fruit had a bitter taste at all. Just a fresh, clean and sweet flavor.


And finally, something I am so excited to share...Wickles. Oh yes, wickles. I am one that does not usually crave a pickle or really get into pickles, but these are amazing. I actually hate sweet pickles but these are semi-sweet. I really loved the flavor. Wickles are flavored with dill, garlic, and a little bit of sweetness. Check out their website, www.wickles.com, they also have wickles okra, wickles relish and quite a few other products that I am sure are just as awesome.

1 comment: