Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yard Work Deserves a Margarita Reward

I had the best Sunday. I took my dog, Lacey on a great walk to this place near my house, that is a beautiful lake surrounded by a pretty cool path.

I took her this morning for about an hour and then upon my return home, began mulching and weeding. I had so much fun mulching and weeding. Seriously, I am not kidding. Just sitting in the sun in the great weather, it was a blast. Getting my hands all dirty in the organic compost was liberating. I loved it.
Lacey loved it too, she got to be outside all day!

So mulching and weeding took all day, and I have the sunburn to prove it. For dinner I had a great Greek Salad that had lettuce, feta cheese, onion, tomato and a nice light Greek dressing. Dinner was accompanied by a fabulous Prickly Pear Margarita. You must reward yourself after a hard day doing yard work, right?

The Prickly Pear Margarita is so simple to make because my mom found this fabulous mix from Sur La Table, called Prickly Pear & Raspberry Margarita Mix. It is all natural and no preservatives. I usually do not like pre-mixed juices, but it was really good.

All you needed was some Silver Patron Tequila...

Mix it up, serve it over ice, garnish with a lime and PICTURE PERFECT (and taste perfection)

No comments:

Post a Comment