Friday, July 2, 2010

Courageous Heart with a Childlike Spirit

I have not posted a blog entry since last Thursday because a terrible tragedy happened in my family.
My dad suddenly and unexpectedly passed away last Thursday night, June 24, 2010 at the young age of 54.
It is such a terrible loss because he was such a huge part of my life. No one ever had a mean thing to say about him! He was kind, friendly, funny, sincere, genuine and giving.
Obviously, blogging and cooking have not been my top priority. We have also been bombarded with tons of food, so cooking has not been necessary!
On Monday, July 5th, I am going to start blogging again. The last thing my dad would want is for me to stop doing what I love.
Here are a few pictures of my dad and I. What a great man, and he will truly, truly be missed.




His favorite thing to do was grill out and have a great family dinner with all of us. He loved to have a nice burger, fruit salad and corn on the cob. Here is the fabulous meal we had this past Father's Day that he absolutely loved. My family and I are so fortunate that we were able to spend this last Father's Day with the most incredible dad anyone could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment