Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mid Blog Body Shutdown

Well, this post was supposed to be up last night, but I admit it...I fell asleep in "mid-blog". I know, seriously, how could that happen? I assume I underestimated how tired I really was. I woke up with my glasses still on and my computer propped up on a pillow and still in the same spot as I left it. Okay, so now imagine this post as Last Night Me.

I hit the course today! It was the perfect weather for golf today. Sunny, not too hot, with a light breeze. I played ehh, not so good....but my golf partner played great! He had a putt from about 40 feet that he sunk, and left me squealing like a little girl. I was so excited for him! Plus, isn't the point of golf to have fun, enjoy your surroundings and take it all in?
Afterwards, we went out to dinner to a local Lebanese restaurant that serves authentic Lebanese food and it was excellent. They have incredible Baba Ghanoush that is served with pita bread that bakes in their brick oven and is served fresh from the oven. I have been on a sweet treat trip for a little bit here and the quest continued this evening. I wanted something quick and easy, that would also take care of the Vanilla Ice Cream I still have lurking in the freezer.
My new favorite thing is something sweet with something spicy. It is really my favorite combination and the flavor of sweet and spicy in one bite is like heaven for me!

Red Pepper Chocolate Sauce with Vanilla Ice Cream
Serves 2
Ingredients:
6 ounces Dark Chocolate
4 Tbs. Butter
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
3 Tbs. Water
Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
Dash of Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
A Few Pecans
6 small scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream (3 in each serving)

Directions:
In a heavy medium sauce pan, bring the cream, water and salt to a simmer. Make sure to stir occasionally. Just before it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and add the dark chocolate and the butter. Mix quickly as the chocolate and butter melts. Then, add in the red pepper flakes and cinnamon. Continue to stir. Serve immediately on top of the vanilla ice cream and garnish with pecans and red pepper flakes.


You guys, I love spicy and sweet! The red pepper flakes with the cinnamon and chocolate was the perfect drizzle over vanilla ice cream. This girl's sweet and spicy tooth was satisfied!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this looks soooo good! And golf, love it. I also love Lebanese! Thanks for sharing (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! And, it tasted so good too. There is just something about sweet and spicy together that just does it for me. And...I can't get enough of golf, I have been trying to play 2-3 times a week.

    ReplyDelete