Friday, July 9, 2010

My Options Are Endless

So, today I got a much needed pedicure. My toes look fabulous! I went with a nice pink-fuchsia color. I am so looking forward to this weekend, especially since mine with involve laying by a pool, or maybe laying by the beach, or enjoying a cocktail...which can happen at the pool...or beach! My options are endless. Tonight, I wanted a dish with some pasta, some fish, and some creaminess. What do we have here, eh?

Roasted Red Pepper Tuna Fettuccine
Serves about 2
Ingredients:
2 Handfuls of Whole Wheat Fettuccine
1/2 Cucumber, diced
4 Roasted Red Peppers (in the jar), diced
1 small onion, diced
1 can tuna
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Handful of Parmesan Cheese
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Garlic Powder
A few sprigs of Fresh Basil, sliced finely
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to boil and add salt. Cook the whole wheat fettuccine according to the package that you have. Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, empty the can of tuna and break up the pieces of tuna. Add the mayonnaise, onion, cucumber and roasted red pepper, once diced. Mix well. Add the cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. (You can also prepare the tuna mixture the night before or several hours before to the let the flavors really incorporate with each other).
Once the fettuccine is done cooking, strain the fettuccine, and add just the fettuccine back into the hot pan. Bring out the tuna mixture and add into the fettuccine. Stir well. Once the mixture is nice and hot, top with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and fresh basil.

This dish was incredible. I love a hot pasta tuna dish. The crunch of the cucumber, and spice of the roasted red pepper and cayenne pepper was out of this world. The mayonnaise made for an incredible sauce for the pasta. It was almost like an Alfredo sauce, except without all the cream and butter.


I had an incredible wine paired with my dish, called Bohemian Highway, a 2008 Pinot Grigio. The flavor paired nicely with my dinner. I highly recommend this wine.
This weekend I am off on a little getaway with the family, which is much needed! Check back for details on my weekend getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment