Thursday, July 22, 2010

We've Got A Tumbler

As I mentioned before, I am starting to really get into golf, and today I played 9 holes with Julian.
Honestly, I did terrible. My game was so off and so not there. Isn't it interesting how some days you have the game of your life and then other days you are like, seriously, I am playing this bad? Well, that was me today. Oh, and to top it off, I fell out of the golf cart! I can laugh about it now, because I was not hurt, but I literally tumbled out of the golf cart while it was moving. I am sure the other people on the course got their entertainment for the day.
After golf and after going out to dinner, I wanted something to satisfy my sweet tooth. Something quick and something cool.

Sauteed Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream
Serves 2
Ingredients:
1 Peach, cut into quarters
1/2 cup Organic Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. Raw Honey
Dash of Cinnamon
3 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
6 small scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream (3 for each serving)

Directions:
First, cut the peaches into quarters. In a medium saute pan, place in the butter and bring it to medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, place the peaches in the pan. Let cook for a few minutes on each side. Then, add in the brown sugar and honey. Then, bring the peaches to a simmer. Let cook for a few more minutes. Next, add in the cinnamon. Once the peaches are a nice golden brown, remove them from the mixture and set aside on a plate. Bring out the vanilla ice cream, and scoop out three small scoops per serving. Top the ice cream with the peaches and then drizzle the honey and brown sugar mixture over the top. Finish off with a little more cinnamon.


This was the easiest dessert to make. Not only was it easy, but it tasted incredible! The brown sugar, honey and cinnamon was an incredible flavor combination. The honey also hardened a little when it hit the ice cream, creating a nice shell-like topping. I loved it! Kinda disappointed in my pictures because they do not do the dessert justice! Trust me when I say this tastes a whole lot better than it looks!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I too love golf. Hope your game is getting better. Don't you love just being out on the green. So relaxing. And, are you ok? Falling out of the golf cart can't be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I know, golfing is so relaxing. It is my favorite thing to do, although yesterday was interesting! Yes, I am okay, luckily I did not hurt myself and I can laugh about it now :)

    ReplyDelete