Thursday, July 29, 2010

Take Me To The River

I had an incredible hike today with a great guy and three crazy, yet adorable dogs. The place we went hiking has a river that you can basically hike through. The water is low enough for you to walk across the rocks and feel the water rush across your feet. I will admit it, my small 14 pound dog had to be picked up a few times, for she fears even the sight and sound of water. I could hike all day through a river. I might have prune-like toes, but that's okay with me! Before I headed out on my hike, I wanted something pretty substantial to hold me over until I had a late dinner. First, I had to have some sort of sandwich to keep the tummy happy.

Tomato Basil Mozzarella Sandwich
Serves 1
Ingredients:
2 slices of whole grain bread
1/2 tomato, sliced
4 basil leaves
4 slices of fresh mozzarella
Handful of Arugula
Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
Roland Balsamic Glaze
1 Tbs. of Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
In a medium saute pan, add the olive and bring to medium-high heat. Once hot, place the bread into the pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until the bread becomes a nice golden brown. Once the bread is ready, remove from heat and place the arugula on one piece of the bread. Then, layer on the basil, tomato and mozzarella. Top with the Parmesan cheese and the balsamic gaze. Finish off with salt and pepper.

The Roland Balsamic Glaze came in handy again today! Love this stuff so much. The perfect topping for the sandwich. This sandwich was perfect for me. Great flavor and kept me satisfied.
Now, right before I went hiking and running I had one these:

This thinkThin Chocolate Fudge Bar was incredible! As you know, I have been on a sweet kick lately, but I felt better about my sweet indulgence when I had this instead of ice cream. Coming in with 20 grams of protein, I certainly had less of a guilty conscious.

And, I also had one of these: (You can't tell, but the can is already open because I could not wait to sip on it before I took the picture).

I love, love, love Steaz Iced Teaz. I had the Lime Pomegranate Tea today, and this flavor is one of my favorites, although, I do adore the Blueberry Pomegranate Acai Tea too. The Lime Pomegranate Tea is a white tea that has such an incredible flavor and is also organic and fair trade. They make all different flavors of teas with green tea, white tea and black tea.

So glad tomorrow is Friday. Looking forward to the weekend, everyone! Have a great night :)

2 comments:

  1. A tomato mozzarella sandwich is one of my favorite lunches! Your balsamic glaze looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my favorites too! I have been dreaming of having this sandwich for about a week now and I figured it was time to take the plunge :)

    ReplyDelete