Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hidden Treasures

I had a great time on my weekend get away. We spent the weekend in Sandusky, Ohio. My brothers spent the weekend at Cedar Point, the place to go if you love roller coasters. My mom, my mom's friend Bobbi and I spent our time walking, reclining on the beach, and checking out the local produce.

We found this incredible hidden beach. We walked down this gorgeous path...

And on the way, these gorgeous lilies appeared. As Bobbi said, it looks like a Monet painting!

And after we walked for awhile, there was a little hidden pathway through the trees, that led us to this.

A gorgeous secluded beach, with hardly anyone around. Bobbi and I spent almost two hours in the water talking about life and enjoying the sun and some relaxation. That is all I wanted to do all weekend and it was fabulous!

On our way back home, we stopped at a local produce stand, Mulvins Farms.

There was a lovely selection of:
Zucchini and Squash

Cherries and Peaches

Apricots and more cherries!

Banana Peppers and Chile Peppers

And Finally some Fresh Corn...That is my mom gathering some fresh corn!

We brought home some corn, peaches, Banana and Chile Peppers.
Great way to end the nice little get away, and my mom made a fabulous peach cobbler with the peaches we got from the local stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment