Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breakfast is my Favorite Time of Day

Today is definitely a hiking day. It is pretty hot today, but I have my CamelBak to keep me hydrated and a Lemon Bar Larabar to munch on. My little Lacey can not wait to get out onto the trails!

This morning called for a breakfast that would keep me full and satisfied before I venture out into the heat. Banana Crunch French Toast, yes please!


Banana Crunch French Toast
Ingredients:
2 pieces of whole grain bread
1 egg, beaten
Splash of milk
1 banana, sliced
A handful of pecans, crunched
1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
A dash of powdered sugar

Directions:
Bring a pan to medium-high heat and melt about a tablespoon of butter. Meanwhile, beat the egg and add the splash of milk. Mix well. Saturate both pieces of bread into the egg mixture. Place in the pan when ready. Cook each side of the bread for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Top with banana, pecans, pure maple syrup and powdered sugar.

This was perfect before I head off into the wilderness. I had some grains, some protein, some fruit and nuts! Very satisfying breakfast before I head out.


I will leave you all with this quote that I love...
"The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do."
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment