Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ricotta Mousse with Chocolate and Strawberries

I came across this food website, Lucullian delight-an Italian experience, and was taken back by the Ricotta Mousse with Chocolate & Strawberries recipe.


RICOTTA MOUSSE WITH CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRIES
4 servings

250 g/ 8,8 fresh ricotta
200 ml/ 0.85 cup fresh cream
3-4 tblsp sugar
3-4 tblsp chocolate flakes
fresh strawberries, sliced

Press the ricotta through a finely meshed sieve into a bowl, add sugar and stir very well.
Whip the cream until it is stiff but softly stiff if you know what I mean.
Add a tablespoon of whipped cream to the ricotta and mix well, then add the rest and stir until completely mixed.
Add the chocolate flakes and mix quickly.
Spoon into small bowls, top with the strawberry slices and eat!

This was incredible! I found it to taste really great when I left it over night in the fridge to absorb all the ingredients and reach its optimum flavor.

I also served it like this:

A side of the mousse that I dipped strawberries and Sea Salt Dark Chocolate in. Absolutely rich and perfect!

2 comments:

  1. What a simple yet elegant dessert. And paired with fresh berries? Brilliant. Thank you for sharing!
    http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tho is an easy and simple dessert my mouth is watering,yummy. Your pictures are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete