Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oats, Coffee & Agave

It is so beautiful outside! I think it is safe to say that summer is officially here to stay. I have not had oatmeal for awhile, so it was time to kick it back into gear.

What's in the bowl:
A handful of old fashioned oats
Splash of milk
1/3 cup of water
Leftover fruit salad: Strawberries, blueberries, and you can see one piece of pineapple!
1/2 small banana
a few crunched up pecans
1/2 tsp. of organic blue agave sweetener
2 tbs. of flax seeds
A dash of cinnamon

There are a lot of different items in the bowl, but variety is the spice of life! Right? Plus, the combination is really fresh, fruity and tasty. The cold fruit salad really cooled off the oatmeal, which is perfect, because I hate eating hot foods on hot days! It just doesn't work out for me.
With the oatmeal, comes a cup of coffee, which really is my own personal latte that I make.


I mix half of the cup with coffee, and the other half of the cup is organic fat free milk, a dash of cinnamon, and a dollop of the organic blue agave sweetener from Trader Joe's. I love this stuff! It is, for now, my go to sweetener. As you can tell, I was a little "agave happy" this morning, adding it into my oatmeal and coffee. But, use just a little bit!

Happy Hump Day!
P.S. Really appreciate this beautiful weather we have, because before you know it, it will be back to bitter cold, unless you live in an almost always warm place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment