Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Another beautiful day in Ohio. For lunch today I was craving a summer meal, but with a healthy twist to it. I opted for a Veggie Burger.

I used a GardenBurger Veggie Medley Burger. I really like these because they are packed with vegetables, whole grain and fiber. I love the big chunks of corn and red pepper. I also melted a piece of Colby jack cheese on top of it.

I really love mayonnaise but have recently discovered a healthier version from The Ojai Cook, called lemonaise. Ingredients in Lemonaise include Pure Expelier Pressed Canola Oil, Water, Whole Eggs, Creole Mustard, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Garlic, and Cayenne Pepper. Very tasty and with the added spices it is definitely an upgrade from regular mayonnaise.

What makes up the burger:
1 Gardenburger Veggie Medley Patty
1 slice of Colby jack cheese
A few slices of red onion
A few slices of fresh tomato
Fresh Baby Arugula
Lemonaise
Ketchup
Served on an Organic Whole Wheat Bun directly from the Whole Foods bakery.

This burger was perfect for lunch. It was loaded with vegetables, no meat involved and I was feeling very satisfied after I ate it.

What drink would accompany my summer veggie burger to make the perfect summer meal?

Lemonade, of course! I have been searching for a refreshing lemonade that is not too sweet, low in calories but is still really good. I found it! Sweet Leaf Original Lemonade is the winner. This lemonade is not only organic but it is really incredible. It is not too tart, not too sweet, just enough lemon and just perfect. Sweet Leaf also has a bunch of other incredible flavors, check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment