Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Have a New Guilty Obsession

I know I am a grown up, but I must confess a certain show that is targeted towards young teenage girls has caught my eye! Pretty Little Liars, on ABC Family is my new guilty obsession. I feel so ashamed, but I can not wait until the new episode is on tonight...I am hooked!
Okay, on to dinner. Tonight, I made a fantastic Yellow fin Tuna Pasta dish.


Yellow Fin Tuna Pasta
Serves about 4
Ingredients:
6 ounces of Mostaccioli
1 can Tonnino Yellow fin Tuna Ventresca in Olive Oil
1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
1/4 cup Capers
4 cloves of Garlic, diced
1 cup White Wine
Few sprigs of fresh Parsley
1/2 cup of Red Onion, diced
3 tbs. of Olive Oil
1 tsp of butter
Salt
Pepper
A dash of Red Pepper Flakes
Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Bring a medium size pot to boil and add salt. Cook the Mostaccioli until al dente. Meanwhile, bring a skillet to medium heat and add and olive oil. Dice the onions and garlic and place into the skillet. Cook for about 6 minutes. Then, add the capers, tuna and roasted red peppers. Cook for a few minutes and then incorporate the white wine. Once the pasta is cooked, add the pasta into the skillet. Finally, add the butter and roasted red pepper flakes and mix well. Top with salt, pepper, fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. You are now ready to eat an incredible tuna pasta dish!


I loved this dish! All of these incredible fresh flavors with the pop of the roasted red pepper flakes is a great combination. The best canned tuna I have ever had is the Tonnino Yellowfin Tuna Ventresca in Olive Oil. It is awesome. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. have to agree with you, that's a fantastic dinner, yummy

    ReplyDelete