Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy National Doughnut Day!

That's right! Today is National Doughnut Day. Although this girl will not be getting a doughnut today, many Dunkin Donut and Krispy Kreme locations are giving away FREE Doughnuts! Dunkin Donut's is offering a free doughnut with the purchase of a beverage, while Krispy Kreme is giving away a free doughnut, no strings attached!
Instead of a doughnut indulgent day, I had a great pasta dish for lunch.

I was not finished with the basil that I had for dinner last night. First, I used some of Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce. This marinara sauce is really great. It is all natural and the ingredients include: imported Italian tomatoes, imported Italian olive oil, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simple, all natural ingredients and really great.

So I started with Rao's as my base sauce, then added in some of Whole Food's Organic Capers. Very salty, just the way I like them!
I then added some balsamic vinaigrette, a touch of olive oil and a dash of honey. I love adding honey to marinara sauces, especially with capers, because it off sets the saltiness with a little touch of sweetness.

As my pasta, I used organic whole wheat Bionaturae pasta. I love whole wheat pasta because it tastes a bit more crunchy to me than regular pasta. Bionaturae is an awesome whole wheat organic pasta from Italy.

Then, I topped of the pasta and sauce with some fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and some fresh ground pepper.

Loved this dish with the fresh ingredients all throughout!

No comments:

Post a Comment