Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer French Toast

There is not a cloud in the sky! It is so gorgeous outside and super sunny, as you can tell in my pictures. And last night, I saw a shooting star! It was my first time seeing one and it was so incredible. That has to mean good things are to come, right? :)

So, I still have some berries leftover in the fridge, and we all know their shelf life is not very long. So how can I use them today? I decided on a Summer French Toast. I really believe there is nothing better than fresh fruit in the summer time! It truly is perfection.


Summer French Toast
Ingredients:
2 pieces of whole grain bread
1 egg
A splash of milk
Toppings:
2 tsp. of agave
Dash of cinnamon
2 Tbs. of pecans
A few blackberries
A few blueberries
A few raspberries

Directions:
Whisk one egg in a bowl and add the splash of milk. Whisk together well. Meanwhile, get a frying pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Add about a Tablespoon of butter into the hot pan. In this case, I use butter, because it makes the bread taste really crispy and tasty.
Soak the two pieces of bread into the egg/milk mixture. Make sure that the piece of bread is completely saturated. Then, put the saturated bread directly into the hot pan. Usually, it will take about 5 minutes on each side, but look for the bread to become a golden brown color. Once the bread is cooked through, plate it. Then, add the drizzle of agave, dash of cinnamon, berries, pecans and I top it off with a final dash of cinnamon. Delicious!

I added some fresh lavender for garnish on the side, because I love the smell of fresh lavender. It is really blooming outside, and when you brush up against it, you end up smelling like fresh lavender all day. Not a bad thing, eh?

Finished off with a fresh cup of coffee with just a splash of milk added. Truly a great way to start off the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment