Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fresh Summer Salad

Remember a few posts ago when I mentioned about how beautiful the basil is growing in the garden? Look at it, it is flourishing.

Well, I decided to use it tonight in a salad for dinner. Here are the ingredients in this super tasty salad.

Basil Arugula Salad:
Lettuce
Arugula
Tomato
Basil
Shitake Mushrooms
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

This was the perfect summer salad! The bitterness of the arugula, the sweet basil, the fresh tomato & mushroom and topped with Parmesan cheese was a great combination.

The dressing was really good too. I usually do just an olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette dressing, but I decided to change it up a little.
Dressing:
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Dijon Mustard
Salt
Pepper
Very tasty dressing on top of a very fresh salad.

And finally, what I am so excited to talk about. A slice of Seeduction Bread from Whole Foods. This bread is so divine. It is an all organic bread that has seeds like sesame, pumpkin and poppy. It is hard for me to say that I enjoy just a slice of bread, but this bread I thoroughly ENJOY. I topped it off with some balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Honestly, this bread is so good, it could just be eaten alone and you would really like it. Check it out at a Whole Foods bakery section.

So glad it is finally summer and I can enjoy a fresh summer salad with my favorite Seeduction Bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment